Above is the link to the LHS Newsletter for December 17, 2018. In it is important information about the Block Schedule Preference Survey, FAQs and the timeline for the decision.
Block Schedule Links:
I hope that all of you will be able to spend the vacation week with your family and get some much needed and deserved rest!
Second Quarter Grading Portal:
This is a reminder that, at 6:00pm on Monday 12-10-18, teacher grade books will be made public in the Aspen portal. To that end, all currently graded work will be uploaded to the portal by teachers by that time.
- It is important to note that we are approximately 40% through the second quarter, which is also the shortest one in the school year. Thus, there is a lot of quarter left….
- There may be work that was recently collected (ex. essays, tests) by teachers that has not yet been graded.
- The grades are indicative of where the student is at this point and should be seen as a barometer for trends as opposed to being viewed as a final grade.
- If there are questions about grades and/or assignments they should, as much as possible, involve the student and the teacher.
Thank you and have a great week!
12-3-18 LHS Newsletter – This newsletter contains important information about 2019-2020 Block Schedules and information about registering for Parent Conferences:
Senior Cap and Gown Requests:
I sent out a form last week for seniors to fill out to request their cap and gown. It includes a question if they are wearing their siblings’ gown. All senior parents received an email on Friday 10/19 from our online payment system MCC with the fee for the cap and gown. The fee is $15 until December 31 then increases to $20. Parents/Guardians should log in to LHS’s online payment service, MCC, and pay the fee. Please encourage students to pay online.
Student ID Replacement:
I put this in Homeroom announcements for Tuesday, October 30:
All students are being issued new student IDs as the photo quality of the original IDs was of low quality. We will not be collecting back the original IDs. You are free to discard them or keep them as backup IDs.
Here is information on Parent Teacher Conferences:
Parent/Teacher Conferences-November 26, 2018
The high school is scheduled for one Parent/Teacher conference on Monday, November 26, 2018.
· Parent conferences are held from 1:00 PM-7:00 PM.
· Each conference is scheduled for fifteen (15) minutes.
· Please know that you always have the option to bring your son or daughter to the conference on November 26, 2018 and we encourage you to do so.
· Online sign-ups will begin on Thursday, November 15, 2018 through Tuesday, November 20, 2018. Instructions for sign-ups for Parent/Teacher conferences will be sent next week.
10-9-18 Back to School Night Reminders:
Q1 schedules have been posted — see below for directions
- When: Thursday October 11, 6:00-6:45 pm
- Where: LHS, Science Lecture Hall (IDLC)
- Hosted by: LHS PTO
Please come and hear about the important issues and events of 2018-19 from Principal Andrew Stephens and Associate Principal Andrew Baker. Open to all LHS parents. Followed by a short Q&A before Back to School Night (which starts at 7:00 pm). Please email – Presidents@lhspto.org for any questions about the event.
LHS Back-to-School Night — Thursday, October 11, 2018 from 7:00 to 8:55 PM
The purpose of the evening is to give you the opportunity to follow your son’s or daughter’s schedule and to attend ten-minute presentations from each of your child’s teachers. You’ll have a chance to meet the teachers and to listen to a brief overview of their courses. Due to time constraints, teachers and counselors will not be able to discuss individual student questions or concerns. Those meetings can be arranged by appointment or during parent conferences in November.
We are making a greater effort to “go green” and are asking all parents to utilize Aspen. On Tuesday (10/9) a pdf schedule report will be posted to the parent portal. Please print this (or take a screenshot and email to yourself), and bring your student’s schedule with you. Follow these steps to find the report:
- Log on to Aspen
- Click “Family”
- Click the PDF file on the main screen under “Published Reports” — this will have the Quarter 1 schedule for your student(s) NOTE: you can print or screenshot this report
- The Quarter 1 schedule will be posted to Aspen on Oct. 9 and has specific information on it.
September 18, 2018
Below are the Rating Descriptors that are connected to the NEASC Self Reflection Report shared with you last week.
September 14, 2018
As you may know from updates that occurred throughout last year, we have been working to complete a Self Reflection Report for the New England Association of Schools and Colleges as part of our accreditation process. I am happy to say that we have a near final version of that report and I want to thank all of the teachers and administrators who have worked so hard on our Self Reflection Report. This took the better part of last year and the process required weekly meetings for the groups to understand the Standards (see below), gather evidence, and write a report that accurately depicts where we are.
Below you will find the Standards for 2020 (which is the date of our Decennial Accreditation visit) and the Self Reflection Report. We are asking parents/guardians to read the report and utilize the Google Form below to give feedback by MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2018. This feedback is being solicited from students, parents, and LHS faculty/staff and will be incorporated into the next draft that will be voted on by the faculty in early October. Any feedback you wish to give is much appreciated!
NOTE: Parents/Guardians with multiple LHS students need only give feedback on one form.
- 2020 NEASC ACCREDITATION STANDARDS
- LHS SELF REFLECTION REPORT DRAFT 9-14-18
- LHS NEASC Self Reflection Feedback Form 9-13-18
We will be hosting a 3-4 member NEASC visiting team for two days in late October who will be reviewing our Self Reflection Report, meeting with various stakeholder groups, and visiting classrooms. The visiting team will give us feedback and help to identify and prioritize goals for us to work on between now and the accreditation visit slated for fall, 2020. One of the stakeholder groups with whom the team will be meeting on October 30 will consist of parents. If you are interested in participating in this group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and give your name and your child’s grade(s) to express your interest.