For College Admissions/Military Representatives:
PLEASE NOTE OUR SCHEDULE HAS CHANGED FOR 2018-2019.
To schedule a college/military visit, please reach out to Linda Prisco at email@example.com. Please note that during the summer break there will be a delay in responses.
About Our Visits
We will offer our I Block period on Tuesdays at 1:00- 1:30- an Enrichment and Extra Help support block during the school day.
We will offer lunch visits Tuesday- Thursday. Our half-hour lunch blocks begin as follows, though upperclassmen primarily have the second and third lunches:
- Tues- 10:41, 11:34, and 12:27
- Wed-Thurs: 10:23, 11:16 and 12:09
Please sign up for either our Enrichment block OR lunch block(s).
Please note we only allow one visit per school year.
Many students feel hesitant to come to college visits because they don’t know what to say or ask. Here are some sample questions, which we also keep a copy of in our counseling center.
- What programs are available at your school?
- What is the cost?
- What are the scholarships available?
- What makes your school unique?
- What is the retention rate?
- What is the admission process and acceptance rate?
- How big is your campus and population?
- What are the classes like in the major I am interested in?
- Do you offer advising or tutoring services?
- What is the average size of a freshmen class, and how hard is it to get into my classes of choice?
- What kinds of on and off campus living option are available?
- How can I arrange an on campus visit?
- What is your 4-year graduation rate?
- What percentage of your students are employed 6 months after graduation?
We will keep the college visits schedule updated on our counseling department website. Please let us know if you have any questions. To view the LHS Profile, click here.
Upon arrival, please be sure to sign in at the Main Office.
A table and chair(s) are set up in the main hallway of our Arts & Humanities Building (near the cafeteria) for each representative. I encourage you to bring a banner or tablescape for your table. College visits are posted in Naviance, on our website, and outside the counseling offices. Sending a confirmation poster is also helpful in notifying our students.
Thank you and we look forward to your visit.