Volunteering at Fiske School enriches academic and social opportunities for children, families, and staff and fosters an inclusive school environment.


Volunteers need to complete a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) which is a criminal record background check. These forms are available at the front office and on the school’s website. This form needs to be completed every three years.
Volunteers need to sign a volunteer handbook form that indicates that they have read and are familiar with the volunteer handbook. This form should be signed every year. The handbooks will be provided in the office and by classroom teaching staff.


To support the privacy of students and staff, volunteers should be careful not to discuss what they may have observed regarding other children. If you have concerns about something you see or hear, please talk to the class teacher or to the principal if appropriate. Please read the Volunteer Handbook for more information.